Its implementation is an important contribution to improve the competitiveness of companies in aerospace sector by promoting the creation of knowledge, intellectual property management of R&D and technological innovation.
CATEC is a technology center that carries out its activity on seven strategic areas:
1. New composite materials, its production processes, life cycle and recycling. Automation of the production, assembly, inspection and testing.
2. New embedded systems (electric, hydraulic, compressed air, fuel, etc.) aimed at achieving the more efficient and environmentally friendly aircraft.
3. New avionics systems and subsystems, especially with application to general, sport and business aviation, as well as Very Light Jets.
4. New techniques for air traffic management, including airport management and its technical facilities.
5. Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, its applications and associated technologies. Focus on commercial, civil and security applications. UAV as a platform for flight testing.
6. Development of computer simulation techniques and its applications to systems, platforms and/or vehicles (integrated systems).
7. Development of techniques, components, subsystems, systems and special applications.
Therefore, CATEC is a development tool that bases its work on technical excellence and agility in responding to its customers and aims to become, the next years, one of the R&D national and international reference center for developing the aerospace technology.
CATEC has a staff of over 60 researchers in addition to technical expertise, being mostly engineers: Industrial Engineering, Aeronautical, Telecommunications, Materials, Computer and Chemical.