Last 5th of July 2014 the requirements for the operation of Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) were published in the Official Bulletin of the State of Spain as part of a transitory provision. The Advanced Center for Aerospace Technologies (CATEC), counting on an experience of over 5 years in the development of RPAS and the operation of such aircrafts, is in the position to offer following services to the enterprises interested in managing the documentation required by the Spanish Aviation Safety Agency (AESA) for the execution of aerial services with RPAS, according to the published provision:
- Preparation of a documentation dossier to fulfil requirements previous to operation, including:
- Aircraft characterization.
- Aeronautical safety study of the operation or operations.
- Technical management of the permits for trial flights prior to operation and document evidencing its execution.
- Preparation of operations manual and maintenance program for each aircraft type (fixed-wing, rotary-wing or multicopter).
- Technical support in the trial flights execution required for demonstration of operational safety of the operations to be carried out.
- Consulting service for mandatory insurance or in the preparation and management of complementary documentation.
The Advanced Center for Aerospace Technologies (CATEC) has collaborated during the last year with the Spanish Aviation Safety Agency (AESA) in the different RPAS Spanish Community Workshops that have shaped the regulation published in the Official State Bulletin of Spain.
The Andalusian Foundation for Aerospace Development (FADA), which manages CATEC, is also responsible of the Experimental Flight Center ATLAS (www.atlascenter.aero).
ATLAS, located in Villacarrillo (Jaén) is currently fully operative and counts on with the suitable facilities for performing experimental or test flights. It is an aerodrome equipped with cutting edge technology; an ideal site for flying light and tactical RPAS or for the training of RPAS pilots and technicians.
For further information on prices or services offered please contact with Anastasio Sánchez (infoatlascenter [dot] aero)