A large number of development tests are necessary to verify the stability of a complete aircraft structure and guarantee its safety.
FADA-CATEC provides a large variety of possibilities testing facilities to compare material applications and construction principles and verification of calculation procedures.
For that goal, the following equipment is available:
- Universal testing machine for static and fatigue test of 4.000 KN.
- Hydraulic actuators from 100 KN up to 630 KN.
- ARAMIS y PONTOS video-correlation systems for recording of strain and displacements.
- Altitude chamber of 1000 litres. (ambient to 1 mbar; from -70 to +100°C; 20 - 95% humidity).
- Higly Acelerated Life Testing chamber (-100 a +200°C; up to 60 gRMS; - 10.000 Hz).
- CEAST-INSTRON drop tower.
- Compression after impact facilities.
- 100KN Universal Machine.
- Modal analysis LMS Scada device.